Firecrest Galore!

Having spoken about the Midget Gems in my previous post, I never had expected during a mid-morning stumble round Middlesex Filter Beds on the 14th January to have captured three Firecrest associating together in scrub on the opposite side of the relief channel where these delightful birds have been in residence for the last couple of months.  I had initially suspected two overwintering birds but to have the three together was simply astonishing that brought great delight to a few assembled London birders.  In addition, 2 Chiffchaff were also present at the MFB.

Earlier, I had observed Fieldfare, Redwing, Mistle Thrush, Song Thrush, and Blackbird all feeding together in one of the front paddocks at Walthamstow Marshes.

Fieldfare - Front Paddocks Walthamstow Marshes 14/01/14

Waterworks NR produced my first Water Rail for the site with 2 Chiffchaff there, and on my walk home, a total of 65 Common Gull with 2 Herring Gull were present on Millfields Park (South).


Comments