Walthamstow Reservoirs - Radiohead

The lull continues.  Standard patch birding with no surprises.  A warm morning with a few fluffy clouds, just the birding was a bit of a let down.  I can't really complain as these days I am feeling fitter happier, just need everything in its right place.  I do feel sometimes that I've been left high and dry.

When that morning bell sounds, there's just one place I want to go to start my day, with flowers still in bloom, and a courteous morning mr magpie before a languid creep round the patch.  Any time spent indoors these days would have me climbing up the walls.

Today I was optimistic.  There were greater numbers Sand Martin and House Martin noted, while Common Swifts were still around in good numbers.  A Kingfisher hunted for weird fishes on No.1 and a Peregrine was seen hunting west of the Warwicks before giving a good lesson on how to disappear completely.

Feral Canada Goose have been present in large numbers along the banks of East Warwick, where Reed Warbler and Sedge Warbler continued to sing.

All I need is a patch tick but little by little, I have a feeling that one of these days I'm going to get lucky...




Comments