North Norfolk

So I returned the next day, but I don't want to talk too much about it.  Instead I would like to mention the beauty of the landscape, a truly wonderful place, those beaches and those skies.  We walked from the far side of Wells to Holkham Pines and it was amazing.

I love North Norfolk for everything it provides.  The moderate walk along the beach on a warm afternoon and birding really wasn't the focus, well maybe just slightly out of focus but I could see things clearly enough.

A Red-Throated Diver hadn't realised the tide had receded and sat along one of the channels close to the beach.  A single Greenshank surprised me as it flew along the harbour.  A Common Buzzard flew over the pines and 70+ Pink-footed Goose flew in a small skein off the sea.

At Holkham Pines, a Yellow-Browed Warbler briefly flew through the trees in among the titmice flock, but it was far too windy to see anything really.  The walk back was great too.

Happy days.






Comments