Waterworks

I'm nowhere near a Sibe Rubythroat, a Great Grey Shrike visiting us from far off lands, or a small Crake that I contemplated twitching today until I realised that this was a Sunday and upholding the Judeo-Christian values of the day of rest might not be a bad thing after all.

Stunned by the awful accident in the Japanese GP this morning and coupled with one of those irritating morning afters having indulged in a little wine, I was in no mood to do anything.

It was a stunning day though, so I got myself onto my bike and headed down to the Waterworks where I surprisingly heard a Green Sandpiper - attempts to connect with it were in vein.  It may have alighted from the relief channel as there is no exposed mud as yet from any of the bays.

Also there was a flyover Common Buzzard, a vocal Cetti's Warbler, and a Little Egret flew up channel.

So it's now a long wait till next weekend until I'm able to get out and claim my next target.  An arduous week awaits me.

Air France A380 - AF006 Paris CDG to New York JFK at 38,000ft 

Comments