The Scillies - Day Six

Well it was a great trip, an exceptional trip, replicating the heady days of the 80's and the 90's were never going to happen.  This was about making a first well overdue trip to some of our most stunning out-islands, to get a feel for the place, to experience the nuances of island life, the exceptional scenery from one coastal path to the next, the warmth of locals and visitors alike, and the palpable aura of a birding history that still permeates through each scrape and hedgerow.

The place has left an indelible mark on me that will see me returning back in the years to come.

With one last walk before the long journey home, I took a circular walk through the Lower Moors, up to Penninis Head and through the town back to Beachfield.  Along the way, a first-winter Mediterranean Gull was present on the shoreline of Porthcressa Beach along with two Black Redstart on the rocks.



The Blyth's Pipit continued to show well in its favoured field.  I, well I had a heavy heart about returning home.

But I will be back next year.

Comments