Waterworks

It started off grey today but gradually the clouds thinned and the sun began to appear.  It was a lovely morning and it felt like something interesting might fly through.

Have starting off at the increasingly depressing Walthamstow Marsh, I watched a Sparrowhawk successfully impale a Pied Wagtail not too far from where I was standing.  A truly impressive sight.

I was however keen to make it over to the Waterworks which started off with a minimum count of six Goldcrest and three Chiffchaff.  There was a total of 36 Teal on the beds along with three Shoveler.

I then stood in the 'circle' and gazed at the sky for a while.  Most suprising were small groups of Lapwing flying through, first eight, then 16, then a group of 4, a total of 28 and I'm sure a few more either side of my stay.  In addition, there were three Skylark and four Redpoll flyovers, a relentlessly calling Cetti's Warbler, and a 1st winter Common Gull.


Comments