Cornwall - Eastern Black Redstart

It's a long way to go for a weekend, and to be honest, I am still feeling the long drive back two days on.

But it was so worth it.  I would like to think of myself as a pilgrim to the rugged cornish coastline, taking in the breathtaking scenery is as spiritual as it gets for me these days.  Maybe I've got it right.








The Eastern Black Redstart was still present on the rocks by the Rockpool Cafe at Mousehole and what a little cracker it was showing ridiculously well at times.








During a fruitless search for the Pacific Diver at Marazion, this stonking male Black Redstart flashed past me and rested briefly on the high sea wall.



At Perranuthnoe, the Hudsonian Whimbrel flew into Boat Cove after an agonising wait.


On the Hayle Estuary, the Green-winged Teal was still present as viewed from the Causeway on the B3301.


Other noteworthy sightings were Mediterranean Gull off the coast at Marazion with plenty of Rock Pipit along the rocky shoreline, a Great Northern Diver offshore, six Chough at Sennen spooked by a local Peregrine.


Comments